Talia is a frequent keynote speaker at marketing conferences, teaching conversion optimization and growth on stages such as Google, Unbounce, MozCon, GMIC, CXL live, Search Love, Learn Inbound and many more.
She is the Co-founder & CMO at Banana Splash and was recently listed as one of the most influential voices in conversion optimization.
Latest posts by Talia Wolf (see all)
- Are heatmaps actually effective? Interview with HotJar Founder - April 16, 2018
- Social Listening: How to Increase Conversions Using Social Media Insights - March 18, 2018
- How to go from blank screen to high-converting copy [webinar] - February 22, 2018
Heatmaps are a very popular tool in the world of conversion optimization. They’re used in reports to support theories and show behavior on a particular page, but are they actually effective? Or do they just look good in a report?
Many tools allow you to see how people behave and engage on your site, so what makes Heatmaps, the right tool to use to increase conversions?
A couple of weeks ago while Dr. David Darmanin, founder of HotJar and I were in Stockholm speaking at Webbdagarna, I grabbed him and asked if he’d be willing to discuss the issues that heatmaps present, the mistakes people make while using them AND how heatmaps should actually be used.
As you’ll see from my interview with David below, MANY people use heatmaps incorrectly.
As David put it: “If you don’t know what you’re looking for in your heatmaps, you’re basically screwed”.
Harsh words, but extremely important ones.
Don’t get me wrong, Clicks, scroll and attention heatmaps are my go-to when reviewing landing pages or complete funnels for my clients and students. However, I have a set process in place for using these heatmaps and that is how I get immense value in using them. If you don’t have the right process for using heatmaps, you may be using them incorrectly.
Here’s what David and I talk about during our chat:
- When Heatmaps become dangerous (and how to avoid it)
- How to correctly interpret and validate what you’re seeing on your heatmap
- The exact way to use screen recordings to identify specific issues in your funnel and fix them
- How to avoid bias analysis of heatmaps
- Top mistakes businesses make with their surveys
- The top questions David and I use in our polls and surveys
Watch our chat below:
Powered by Facebook Comments